We want to make sure that you get the best care around therefor we wrote down some general information that you might want to take into account.
- We tattoo from 16 years and older, this is the legal age in The Netherlands, in order to get a tattoo from 12-16 years old you will need parental approval and a parent needs to be present. Also between these ages we do not tattoo face, neck, hands, wrists.
- (Side) Finger tattoos are shifty, we can do them but at your own risk. You will possibly need 2 appointments for this which does not include a free touch up. Detailed work on fingers mostly will not look too good so please follow the advice of your Artist.
- Covering old tattoos is precise business and you’ll need a consultation beforehand for the artist to have a good look and talk to you about the possibilities. Not all tattoos can be covered and it might have to be a different design than you have in mind.
Our starting price is €80,-
If you have a certain budget in mind please let the artist know beforehand so they can apply the sketches accordingly.
*Color tax might be included due to pricing increases from decree by European rule.
A new tattoo can drain a lot of energy, that’s why it’s important to make sure that you’re well rested.
That you’ve eaten and you’re sufficiently hydrated, also make sure you haven’t overly indulged in alcohol in the hours before your appointment and haven’t used any drugs.
Feel free to take a snack or (sugary) drink with you to keep your energy up.
Wear comfortable clothes and since you might get some inksplatter on you, don’t wear your new white jeans.
It is not allowed to take a picture of the sketches unless the artist approves it, we also do not send them through email beforehand.
Please refrain from bringing more than 1 person to your appointment, it’s not a tea party after all.
Please note: In times of pandemic restrictions it’s not possible to bring an extra person.
If you want to make pictures or video’s during your session please ask the artist if they’re okay with it.
Kids under the age of 14 are not allowed in the shop.
The aftercare of the tattoo needs to be as hygienic as possible.
- Leave the clingfilm on for a minimal of 2-3 hours.
- Wash your hands with disinfectant soap and carefully remove the clingfilm.
- Wash your tattoo with warm/lukewarm water with some disinfectant soap or if you have very sensitive skin a neutral wash gel.
- Pat the tattoo dry with kitchen paper and let it airdry.
- Do this 2x a day.
- Do not reapply the clingfilm.
After 2 days you can start with putting cream on your tattoo after you’ve washed it. Use the cream the artist recommends, a small amount will suffice.
Repeat the above steps 2x a day until your tattoo is fully healed.
If you have a tattoo on your chest, back or side we recommend sleeping with a cotton t-shirt. If its stuck in the morning you can slowly soak the shirt off in the shower.
If you have a tattoo on your foot, calf, ancle or lower back, make sure you don’t wear tight fitting clothing it like boots and tight jeans.
Don’t touch your tattoo and if you do make sure to wash your hands first.
Stay away from the crusts! If you remove them by hand the colors can disappear.
Do not cover your fresh tattoo with tight, synthetic, dirty clothes or with a band-aid.
Avoid sea, baths, pools, sauna’s and steam/bubble baths for at least 2-3 weeks.
Try not to expose your tattoo to sunlight or a tanning bed. Tattooed skin will be sensitive even after it’s healed so make sure you put on factor 50 sunscreen.
Please note: Contact us or your GP if you’re experiencing extreme redness, swelling, bleeding, excessive fluids, color change or itchiness.
The Second Skin© patch can stay on the skin up to 7 days. If a lot of fluids exude from your tattoo underneath the patch or shower water gets in, or you experience redness or itchiness than it’s better to take the patch off.
- Remove the patch under warm running water (shower), otherwise the glue will not come off.
- Carefully peel a corner free and roll/pull the patch off slowly.
- Wash your tattoo with unperfumed wash gel and lubricate with a cream of your choice.
Bepanthen© is often recommended as an aftercare cream however many people can have an allergic reaction to the wool fat (lanolin) in it. If it causes bumps, itchiness, redness or swelling please wash it off immediately and call the shop so we can find a better product for you to use.
If you have any questions, please let us know.